Re: MaximizeArea

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 07:38:29 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Juergen Sawinski wrote:

> What "MaximizeArea" should do:
> If an app gets maximized it covers Wharf and WinList. If we could set
> an area where apps get maximized, one could prevent this from
> happening. (See for example kde, the taskbar does not get covered.)

How about a "SmartMaximize" or "MaximizeAvoidsOnTop" option?  Which would
cause windows being maximiazed to avoid placing themselves under
StaysOnTop windows (like wharf and winlist - also, sticky menus).

This could be extended to initial placement as well.  How about a pair
of options: "PlacementAvoidsOnTop" and "MaximizeAvoidsOnTop"?

This will solve many complaints on the AS mailing list about window
titlebars being hidden beneath WinList.

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com