Re: Documentation

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 10:01:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Dave Walker wrote:

> If any of you AS 'coders' out there would like to pass the dirty job of
> 'documentation' on, ( and yes, I wrote a _few_ lines of C code in my
> time, and I 'hated' commenting too ); and wouldn't mind a flurry of
> email questions along the lines of "how do you do this" and "what does
> this line of code mean, I guess I'm volunteering to write some
> documentation on "how to configure Afterstep". As an example, off the
> top of my head, one of my first questions to you would be "What do the
> two parameters to EdgeResistance represent?)

I'd say check with the current maintainer of the FAQ (Andrew Sullivan,
asullivan@sprint.ca).  He's done a great job on the FAQ so far, and I
doubt he'd mind help. :)

The first argument to EdgeResistance is the time (in ms) that AS waits
before changing desktops when you move to the edge of the screen.  The
second is the distance (in pixels) past the edge of the screen you must
move a window for that window to move partially off-screen.

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com