Re: Documentation

Guylhem Aznar (ciguylhem@barberouge.linux.lmm.com)
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 08:18:16 +0200

On Wed, Aug 05, 1998 at 08:55:19PM -0500, Dave Walker wrote:
> I, for one, have no problems with the wharf OR the pager. What confuses
> the hell out of me is the "look" vs "feel" files.

look : colors, gradients, appearance
feel : key binding, how window reacts

> An example; I just tried to highlight and delete text in this message
> using "Shift+Cursor down". Instead of doing what I expected it to do,
> the Netscape window scrolled off the screen. Now, I had this fixed at
> one time, but now I'll have to experiment again. Is it the "look" file,
> or the "feel" file. Do I go to ~/GNUstep/Library/Afterstep..., or do I
> go to usr/share/...?

Try feel.ICCCM to remove qny keybinding

> However, I have _some_ experience as a technical writer, ( I spent
> almost three years writing basic electricty/electronics tech manuals and
> lab guides in the Navy ) and feel I may be able to make a contribution
> in this area.

If you can, please update afterstep man page (but others need serious work
too)

We also need :
 * C coders
 * 1.0 users to write a decent .steprc which will be included in 1.5.0
 * 1.5pre users to write looks & feels they think worth adding
                to report bad config. defaults

--
 "Always pass on good advice. It is never any use to oneself"   -- Oscar Wilde
		   Enlever rrremovethis / Remove rrremovethis