Re: How-To's

Guylhem Aznar (ciguylhem@barberouge.linux.lmm.com)
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 08:29:05 +0200

On Wed, Aug 05, 1998 at 08:42:23AM -0400, Eric Howard wrote:
> Someone made mention of a backspace, termcap type how-to for someone that
> asked about a problem w/ rxvt after they installed.  Can anyone who has
> the link, email it to me please?  TIA.

Since I wrote French-HOWTO, I'm quite experienced with that kind of
problems, but this is off topic on afterstep list.

1) Get descent keymap files for linux-console (a map file) & X11 (a xkb file)
2) Remove any option from your .bashrc which is intended to fix BS or DEL
3) Now reopen a session, everythink should work well

You can try * xiterm2: http://www.chez.com/vidalc/xiterm2/xiterm2.tgz :
anyone to put it on ftp.afterstep.org ?
            * BS-DEL mini Howto
            * my .inputrc to fix bash

set meta-flag on
set convert-meta off
set input-meta on
set output-meta on
set bell-style none

"\e[1~":beginning-of-line
"\e[3~":delete-char
"\e[4~":end-of-line
"\e\C-h": backward-kill-word
"\e\e[3~": kill-word

--
 "Always pass on good advice. It is never any use to oneself"   -- Oscar Wilde
		   Enlever rrremovethis / Remove rrremovethis