1.5 then 1.6 (was Re: configuration)

Guylhem Aznar (ciguylhem@barberouge.linux.lmm.com)
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 14:04:14 +0200

On Thu, Aug 06, 1998 at 01:38:51PM -0700, Michael Johnson wrote:
> not that tremendous. I was just making the point that intuitive graphical
> interfaces ( look at what they are doing with E and WM ) seem to have
> become sort of what alot of people--especially beginners seem to want.
> I'm not trying to compare or criticize, but just as an example look at
> DR14's 'DOX' or whatever it is, where you just click on a question mark on
> the E desktop and it opens up a graphical manual that walks you through E
> and some of what it does and how it's configured. I could give other
> examples but this is the only point I was trying to make.

Sorry, but 1.5.0 is targetted at (read : I stopped working on anything but)
 * ROCK stability
 * speed
 * memory management
 * configurability & compatibility with steprc, old looks...

Then, 1.6 could do the following, with or without me:
 * theme management like look & feels
 * asconf for all unices
 * C++
 * drag&drop

I think most people will like that plan.
As for ascp, it is an individual project, so it can be ready for 1.5 or
1.6, bu at least 1.6 will provide a non gtk configurator : asconf

> -M
> One is most dishonest towards one's God; he is not _permitted_ to sin.
> mail: mjohnson@pop3.aebc.com

 "Always pass on good advice. It is never any use to oneself"   -- Oscar Wilde
		   Enlever rrremovethis / Remove rrremovethis
      Salut / Best regards, Guylhem AZNAR <guylhem@rrremovethis.oeil.qc.ca>