Re: Need help

Andrew Sullivan (ajsulliv@mcmail.CIS.McMaster.CA)
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 14:03:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, ECLIPSE Webmaster wrote:

> it fully. My problem is that with AfterStep, my backspace key
> doesn't work with any software that I have. My backspace/erase
> works FINE with Netscape or AsWedit running with Fvwm or OpenWin
> or even Windows Maker. It will not work in Afterstep.
>
>     Can anyone tell me :
>
> 1. Where in Afterstep that I can fix this ?
>
> 2. What do I put in to fix it ?
>
> I have checked my key bindings in X11 according to
> the "HOW-TO" at LinuxHQ and everything looks ok.
> I have tried adding a .Xmodmap to my user and root
> accounts. Still no help.
>
> This problem ONLY manifests itself when using Afterstep.

Hmm.  If you don't have problems under other X window managers, I'd
suspect an AS keybinding.  Check your feel file to see if you might have a
keybninding in there for the key.  It seems a long shot, but I can't
imagine what else would cause the symptom _only_ under AS, especially if
you've checked the modmap.

Andrew Sullivan
<ajsulliv@mcmaster.ca> <---- worse
<asullivan@sprint.ca>  <---- better