Re: Iomega Zip Drive

BTK (odutop10@visi.net)
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 18:52:05 -0400

Zips shouldn't be a problem. Linux picks mine up everytime, all the time. I
use bash and I just make a couple of aliases in my bashrc file like:
mzip= mount -t vfat /dev/hdd4 /mnt/zip
uzip= umount /dev/hdd4
zip= cd /mnt/zip |la (where la is an alias for ls -la on my system).

	What can I say, I'm a freak for automation.

Brad

PS- WMMOUNT is a killer tool for use with X. Check it out.

> From: Steve Ki-Won Lee <kiwon@ugrad.cs.ualberta.ca>
> To: afterstep@linuxcenter.com
> Subject: Re: Iomega Zip Drive
> Date: Friday, August 07, 1998 5:19 PM
>
> On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Mike S. Avelar wrote:
>
> >     Can I get a Iomega ZIP drive to work with Linux? Its a internal
IDE,