Re: AS Tools & Config Programs

Albert Dorofeev (Albert@mail.dma.be)
Fri, 07 Aug 1998 21:35:03 +0200

David Taylor wrote:
> in my searches I've noticed that there seems to be a much greater number
> of tools for Windowmaker than there are for Afterstep... is this right
> or am I just looking in the wrong places?

What exactly do you have in mind? There are few
tools specifically made for AS but if you think
there is a good one that would be very useful
and it ain't there ... you code it for AS. Or
convince somebody to code it for you :-)

> Also, can dockable applications designed for Windowmaker be used in
> Afterstep.  That is, there are quite a few nifty apps I found at the
> Windowmaker site that I'd like to use and swallow into my wharf... will
> this work?

WMaker applications may be swallowed in Wharf
and they'll work. However, the size of the window
for most of them is bigger then Wharf can take.
I tried some of those and it is not a pretty
picture. Try -  you'll see for yourself.

Cheers,
Albert