Re: my vote

Rob Hoyle (robho@ebicom.net)
Sat, 8 Aug 1998 01:47:18 -0500 (CDT)

> J.D. Jordan wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Brandon Stewart wrote:
> > > 5) (a) what new feature would like put into AS?
> > >    (b) what feature do you think does _not_
> > >        belong in AS?
> > >
> > > My answer to (a) would be some graphical configuration utility. Such a
> > > utility would make all the other questions irrelevant.
> >
> > <rant>
> > Does noone READ the replys on this list?  David, I think it was, has
> > responded to this question 3+ times in the past week saying that an asconf
> > for 1.4/1.5 IS being worked on, yet people keep asking for one... sheesh!
> > </rant>
>
> I was aware of that when I gave my vote, but I thought it was important
> for the developers to know that one more (or several more, as might be
> the case) people would like a gui config utility.

If you want a GUI to config your windows, and their behaviors, may I
suggest Windows 98...You may really enjoy the "active desktop(tm)"
All you have to do it right click on open space and go to properties.
I for one think that a GUI would be a cheesy as control-panel, modemtool,
and the other Red hat "moron" apps.  Learn to edit things from the command
line...you will be AMAZED at how much cleaner it will end up..Its the same
as HTML, ever actually looked at the Crap those editors put out...Pico is
the only HTML editor you need, well pico -w that is :>

I would be dissapointed to see a GUI config, and I guess that doesnt
matter seeing as I would just NOT use it, and not whine about it..but I
felt like getting my point across.

You wouldnt write a program in a C editor, would you?

Rob