Re: my vote

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Sat, 8 Aug 1998 15:01:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 8 Aug 1998, Rob Hoyle wrote:

> I for one think that a GUI would be a cheesy as control-panel, modemtool,
> and the other Red hat "moron" apps.  Learn to edit things from the command
> line...you will be AMAZED at how much cleaner it will end up.

By the same reasoning, one should give up on X.  The graphical
configuration tools, when they come -- and I understand the work is
progressing nicely -- will be useful to lots of people.  If a tool is
available that one does not want to use, then one is free not to use it.
But there is no reason to attack those who like such tools, and to imply,
at the same time, that the developers of such tools are "cheesy".  There
is no reason to use this list as a forum to attack people simply for
disagreeing with one's own taste.

                                   *  *  *