Re: AsCD

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Sat, 8 Aug 1998 14:37:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 8 Aug 1998, Rob Hoyle wrote:

> Has anyone noticed that AScd when started on the Wharf Hogs the drive..I
> tried to start Afterstep with NO cd in the drive and once ASCd has hold of
> it, it wont let it go...as in I can not eject it, can not mount it, and
> basically cant use it until I kill afterstep, or ascd.
>
> Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong, or if This is a bug that has
> been resolved lately?

No idea.  For what it's worth, I haven't had this problem, and I use ascd
in my wharf.

I _did_ have a strange problem involving xlock and ascd (among other
stuff); but it turned out to be, I guess, a problem in the way I'd
installed wharf.  (I say this because, after playing around with things
for a little while in an attempt to track down the bug, the bug
disappeared.)

                                   *  *  *