Re: Autoexec

Andrew Edelstein (andrew@pure-chaos.com)
Sun, 2 Aug 1998 17:56:44 -0700

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua

On Sun, Aug 02, 1998 at 07:28:30PM -0500, Brian E. Seppanen wrote:
> 	Exec	"I"	Ical
>=20
> after 	Wait	"I"	Banner
> restarted afterstep, but nothing happened.  Nothing really in the  FAQ
> about it. =20

> Function "InitFunction"
>         Module  "I"     Animate
>         Module  "I"     Wharf
>         Wait    "I"     Wharf
>         Module  "I"     WinList
>         Module  "I"     Banner=20
>         Wait    "I"     Banner=20
> 	Exec	"I"	Ical
>         Exec    "I"     sh ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/.workspace_state
> &
> EndFunction

This only defines what gets run when you start afterstep. To have somthing =
run
every time you REstart afterstep (ie, when you tell afterstep you want to
restart, rather than closing X, then starting it up again) you need to put =
it
in the RestartFunction. IE:

Function "RestartFunction"
        Module  "I"     Animate
        Module  "I"     Wharf
        Wait    "I"     Wharf
        Module  "I"     WinList
	Exec	"I"	ical &
EndFunction

With these two together, you will start Ical automatically when you log into
your X session, and it will also be started when you restart afterstep. You
probably DON'T want to do this though, as restarting afterstep does not clo=
se
anything that's already running. IE: if ical is already running when you do=
restart, it will still be running after the restart, regardless if it's in
RestartFunction. On the other hand, if you deliberatly closed Ical at some
point, when you do a restart, it will open it again. Probably not what you
want.
(Also note that the command is ical, not Ical as you have it in your
InitFunction. Ical is the name of the program. "ical" is the command you ty=
pe
to run it.)

--=20
Andrew Edelstein

Sarah - Doctor, you're being a child.
The Doctor - Why shouldn't I? There's no point in being an adult if you can=
't
act childish now and then.		Dr. Who

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua--