Re: Autoexec

Maury Merkin (merkin@his.com)
Mon, 03 Aug 1998 01:09:08 +0000

Brian E. Seppanen wrote:

> Can someone explain the function of Autoexec, in /usr/share/afterstep.
> I'm assuming that it will allow the user to customize what will
> automatically start up when the window manager is launched but it
> doesn't seem to work with what I tried.  I wanted to have Ical start up
> with the window manager, so I included
>
>         Exec    "I"     Ical
>
> after   Wait    "I"     Banner
> restarted afterstep, but nothing happened.  Nothing really in the  FAQ
> about it.
> Thanks for your assistance.
>
> Brian Seppanen
> seppanen@pconline.com
>
> # Execute on startup :
> #
>
> Function "InitFunction"
>         Module  "I"     Animate
>         Module  "I"     Wharf
>         Wait    "I"     Wharf
>         Module  "I"     WinList
>         Module  "I"     Banner
>         Wait    "I"     Banner
>         Exec    "I"     Ical
>         Exec    "I"     sh ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/.workspace_state
> &
> EndFunction

Hmmmm.  That's pretty much what I have and it works fine here.  Try
placing an ampersand ('&') after the call to ical; so that the line looks
as follows:
Exec "I" ical &

And, just where is your autoexec file?  (And, by any chance, is it named
Autoexec?  [The initial 'a' should not be upper case.])  It should be in
~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/autoexec.

Hope that helps somehow.

Maury