Re: AsCD

Christopher Berg (chriz@space.eu.org)
Sun, 09 Aug 1998 21:11:15 +0200

//chriz

Albert Dorofeev wrote:

> > Has anyone noticed that AScd when started on the Wharf Hogs the drive..I
> > tried to start Afterstep with NO cd in the drive and once ASCd has hold of
> > it, it wont let it go...as in I can not eject it, can not mount it, and
> > basically cant use it until I kill afterstep, or ascd.
>
> I think (although I may be wrong) that's just
> the way all CD player applications work. They
> control the device /dev/cdrom (whatever) and
> that doesn't allow any intervention from other
> programs or even the eject button. One strange thing
> is that normally you should be able to eject it
> using the eject button in the ascd applet...
> Just a thought,
> Albert
>
> --
>    WWW:   http://www.afterstep.org/
>    FTP:   ftp://ftp.afterstep.org/
--------------F8D8312700D67D5EB178B8FD

begin:vcard
n:Berg;Christopher
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Intelligent Microsystems
version:2.1
email;internet:chriz@space.eu.org
title:Evangelist (?) reality.sys corrupt!!! reboot universe(y,n)?
note:MSG of the Minute:Press Smash forehead on keyboard to continue.  reality.sys corrupt!!! reboot universe(y,n)?
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Christopher Berg
end:vcard

--------------F8D8312700D67D5EB178B8FD--