Re: pager

Ewan Dunbar (northsky@ix.netcom.com)
Mon, 3 Aug 1998 11:30:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, J. Neil Doane wrote:

> This has probably been answered before, but if so I've forgotten or
> misplaced the message.  Is there any way to get the pager not to display
> the titlebar with he word "Pager" in it? I'm using version 1.4.0 and have
> tried commenting out all the relevant "*Pager" lines in the ~/G/L/A/pager
> file, but to no avail...it just defaults to a default phrase, "Desk 0".
> I mean, I _know_ it's the pager, I really don't need it to remind me what
> it's called.  Granted, if you had several pagers for several desktops, it
> would be useful, but on my system I really don't need all those pagers
> and have just moved a single pagers into the wharf (a la Afterstep 1.0.)

I have had  no problem putting a pager in the wharf in 1.4.0. In 1.5prex,
I believe you can even put the complete pager into the wharf. Think maybe
even earlier. ModuleFullSwallow? Anyway, in 1.4.0, you just have to use
SwallowModule. No, I don't see any use for all those desktops. Not for me
anyway. I think I have pager in one of my wharves right now, but I can't
remember, I'm not running X right now.
BTW, yes all that matters is which distribution you're used to. That's
kind of what I was trying to say.

Of course... 5 years from now everyone will be running free GNU on their
200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5.
                --Andrew Tannenbaum, Jan. 30 1992 in comp.os.minix
ln -s Ewan\ Dunbar northsky@ix.netcom.com