Re: Some AfterStep questions and bugs?

Chris Zimmerman (czimmer@insync.net)
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 13:54:16 -0500

Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, Timothy Dunnington wrote:
>
> > 1.4.0)  But 1.4.5 has some other little quirks:
>
> Uh, which 1.4.5?  There were several problems in the first 1.4.5, and so
> there are several patch levels.  I'm running 1.4.5.55N6 without any
> problems.  Several of the problems you mentioned were known problems,
> which have been fixed in the current version.  (The "extra colour" problem
> on decorations I particularly remember.)
>
> Andrew Sullivan | asullivan@sprint.ca (better)| ajsulliv@mcmaster.ca (worse)
>                                    *  *  *
> 'finger -l ajsulliv@mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca' to find the AfterStep FAQ file.
>
> --
>    WWW:   http://www.afterstep.org/
>    FTP:   ftp://ftp.afterstep.org/

  I am running 1.4.5-1 (glibc.rpm).  I know I cheated with the RPM, but it
saved me some time getting everything setup.  You mentioned patches have been
released-where can I get these patches to go to 1.4.5-3?  Or is the glibc
version a different beast?  The only problem I am having-is when I expand the
Netscape or StarOffice windows (resizing in general)-the window manager
repaints rather slowly.  Not really a problem for me, but it makes it harder to
demonstrate afterstep in a microsloth environment and be taken seriously.

Thanks for the help
Chris Zimmerman
Systems Administrator