Re: xmkmf can't find files

David A. Pettit (pettitda@fortwayne.infi.net)
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 18:19:51 -0500

You might be right...  I may have copied the error message down
incorrectly.  However, now I get a Segmentation Fault(core dump) every
time that I "make Makefiles" for AfterStep.  So, I can't go back and see
what the message actually was.

I didn't document all the steps I took, but I know I installed the
latest updates for Xfree86 3.3.2 (X3323upd.tgz) in blind hope that that
would take care of the previous problem.  That may be the point at which
make started coring out on me.  Do you know of any problems with patch 3
of XF86 3.3.2?  I'll send this to the list in case someone else knows of
a problem.

At any rate, I think I will try reinstalling X (except for patch 3) and
see if I can get back to where I was before.

Thanks for your help.

Dave P.