Re: xsetbg AND Pager

J.D. Jordan (jdj5e@virginia.edu)
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 16:22:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Apocalypse Pestilence wrote:

> Hi ;
>
> I am trying to set a background picture (jpg) for afterstep. I use xsetbg for this, it puts this picture on the background and I can see this picture in each window (when I scroll the windows with mouse), but when I click any window from the Pager, afterstep shows the original tiled xpm background instead of this jpg. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong ?
>
> Thanks ...

You need to have afterstep set the background.  Do this by placing your
picture (jpeg or xpm can be used) in the backgrounds directory under
either, u/s/a/desktop or ~/G/L/A/desktop, then rebuild the start menu, and
choose your background from the menu option (I forget exactly where it is
in the menu, its in the same submenu that you choose looks and feels
from).

JD