Re: xsetbg AND Pager

Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 16:55:32 -0500

---------------

>On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Apocalypse Pestilence wrote:
>
>> Hi ;
>>
>> I am trying to set a background picture (jpg) for afterstep. I use
xsetbg for this, it puts this picture on the background and I can >see this
picture in each window (when I scroll the windows with mouse), but when I
click any window from the Pager, afterstep >shows the original tiled xpm
background instead of this jpg. Is this a bug, or am I doing something
wrong ?

>> Thanks ...
>You need to have afterstep set the background.  Do this by placing your
>picture (jpeg or xpm can be used) in the backgrounds directory under
>either, u/s/a/desktop or ~/G/L/A/desktop, then rebuild the start menu, and
>choose your background from the menu option (I forget exactly where it is
>n the menu, its in the same submenu that you choose looks and feels
>from).
>JD

You will not be able to use non XPM files unless you patch Pager with my
patch.
Get it from :
ftp://ftp.the-site.dyn.ml.org/Linux/AfterStep/devel/unreleased_patches/
File name :
backgr<your_version_of_as>

You will also need to set up your external prog for image viewing :
in file configure.h:
change :
#define XIMAGELOADER "xli somestuff"
#define XIMAGELOADER "whatever your prog is"

Sasha