Re: AS 1.5pre6 Bugs?

J.D. Jordan (jdj5e@virginia.edu)
Fri, 14 Aug 1998 16:50:20 -0400 (EDT)

On 14 Aug 1998, Tomas Duewiger wrote:

> > 3.  Netscape windows draw to desk 1, regardless of where you currently
> > are.
>
> Look in /u/l/s/a/database, maybe there is an entry like that
> Style netscape	StartsOnDesk1
> ??

There is, the default database file tells netscape to start of desk 1
(which I think is rather annoying)  I think the default database shouldn't
define styles for as many things as it does, atleast StartsOnDesk stuff
anyway, because not everyone uses the number of Desks which the default
database files thinks you do... and with the new ./configure that asks you
how many Desks you want to have, I think this is pretty silly.  I only use
one desk, and the first time I used netscape under pre6 I was baffled at
first by the fact that netscape wasn't in any of the mini pictures on my
pager, and I navigated around and couldn't find my xterms...  Eventually I
realized it was sticking me on another desk, but I think this is VERY
unnerving option to have on as the default.

JD