Re: AS on RH 5.1

Mike S. Avelar (avelar@netrover.com)
Sat, 15 Aug 1998 02:25:39 -0400

Jeff Stanton wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I know you've probably heard this one b4...  (I'm knew to the list :)  )
>
> Where can I go to get the scoop on the RH 5.x  Afterstep RPMs?  I'm
> running the 1.4.5-xx.rpm on RH 5.1, but still cannot configure the start
> menu!  From what I've been able to piece together, I'm gonna have to
> install/compile the "true" source to AS.
>
> Thanks bunches,
>
> Jeff S.
> stantonJS@MailRoute.com
>
> --
>    WWW:   http://www.afterstep.org/
>    FTP:   ftp://ftp.afterstep.org/

  I'm running the version of AS that came with RH 5.1... I found it pretty
easy to configure and customize after I found the directories I needed and
files
/usr/share/afterstep/ - if you are the only one on your system and your
loging in as root you can do you configuration there. Look at the files.
That's what I did, and I've only been using RH5.1 for a few weeks now.