Re: sound question

Michael Johnson (hekate@intergate.bc.ca)
Sun, 2 Aug 1998 11:27:28 -0700 (PDT)

I think you have to load the audio module for sound to work.  When I tried
to play sound I either loaded the module from the menu or I put an audio
line in my autoexec file and it worked. Also make sure you have all the
sounds, if a sound is missing then it seems to lock things up. I'm a bit
more experienced with E and WM than AS, so if this is _dead_wrong_ I'm
sure someone will advise whatever the proper way is to do this.
Mike

On Sun, 2 Aug 1998, Jason Welsh wrote:

> Subject: sound question
>
> Ive got afterstep installed and sound working just fine, but I cant get
> sounds working with afterstep. I see an audio file in my
> /usr/local/aferstep
> and the faq says to have this file in
> ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep
> so i copied it there and then restarted and still no sound..
> the sound directory is there and is correct in the audio file
> and i can play the sounds via
> cat sound.au > /dev/audio
>
> my only guess is in the faq it says
> *AudioPlayCmd /usr/bin/showaudio
>
> AudioPlayCmd must be a valid program..
> am i supposed to replace this with something?

> |  Jason Welsh   jason@dirtbag.ddns.org  |   If you think there's     |
> |                                        |   good in everybody, you   |
> |      http://dirtbag.ddns.org/          |   haven't met everybody.   |

>    WWW:   http://www.afterstep.org/
>    FTP:   ftp://ftp.afterstep.org/

-M

One is most dishonest towards one's God; he is not _permitted_ to sin.

mail: mjohnson@pop3.aebc.com