Re: ascp 0.9

Stephen Davies (scldad@sdc.com.au)
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 10:53:30 +0930

> Thadeu Penna wrote:
>
> > Using strace, I've foud this:
> > /home/nwanua/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/wharf (No such file or directory)
> > ^^^^^^^^ (It is not me but the developer, I think)
>
> Hi Thadeu,
>
> * In the README it says the following:
>
> Edit local.h  and follow the instructions there. It contains system
> depedent variables that must be set before compilation"
>
> * In local.h it says the following:
>
> /* Here's where you edit your paths, etc. */
> /* It's assumed that icons, etc, exist in
> /[insert path]/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/desktop/icons/
>    so please change to fit  */
>
> #define ASLOCATION  "/home/dtaylor/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep"
>

> > It is clear what is wrong but I am too busy (as everybody is)
> > to try fixing it.
>
> Given the above information it should take you 5-10 seconds.  :-)

Maybe but some of us have multi-user configurations where it does not make
sense to keep a copy of the entire afterstep tree in every home directory.

I keep a global copy the desktop component of the tree and let each user
configure their wharf/look/feel etc in ~/G/L/A.

This setup breaks ascp as released but is fairly easy to accomodate. I set
ASLOCATION to the root of the global desktop tree and use $HOME + "/G/L/A"
as the root for wharf etc.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Stephen Davies Consulting	    		                            scldad@sdc.com.au
Adelaide, South Australia.     			                            Voice: 61-8-82728863
Computing & Network solutions.	 	                            Fax: 61-8-82741015