Re: ascp 0.9

David Taylor (n9506769@garbo.nepean.uws.edu.au)
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 00:53:00 +1000

Stephen Davies wrote:

> Maybe but some of us have multi-user configurations
> where it does not make sense to keep a copy of the
> entire afterstep tree in every home directory.

Yep, same here.  I was just giving Thadeu a prod in the right direction,
not the be-all and end-all of configuration help (that's what READMEs
and INSTALLs are for ... and local.h apparently :).

> I keep a global copy the desktop component of the
> tree and let each user configure their wharf/look/feel
> etc in ~/G/L/A.

Yep, very similar here.

> This setup breaks ascp as released but is fairly
> easy to accomodate. I set ASLOCATION to the root of
> the global desktop tree and use $HOME + "/G/L/A"
> as the root for wharf etc.

Yeah, well at the moment this is a "feature" of ascp.  :-)
Ain't nothing I can do about it for you.  You'll have to take it up with
the developer, just as I already have... or write a patch for it.
Nwanua is very receptive to bug reports and suggestions... drop him a
message.

--
Regards,
David Taylor

| University of Western Sydney - Nepean      |
| dtaylor@cit.nepean.uws.edu.au              |
| http://www.cit.nepean.uws.edu.au/~dtaylor/ |