Re: afterstep: command not found

da wascally wabbit (daww@wr.com.au)
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 18:46:04 +1000

Rob Hoyle wrote:

> Well..
> The first step would be to find the afterstep binary, which was installed
> assuming (This may be a Huge assumption) you did go through compiling it
> correctly.  Once you find the binary../usr/X11R6/bin/afterstep I think,
> but I am not on my machine, so I dont know for sure. Make sure you have
> this directory in your paths.  If not, add it. Anyway, just to be safe,
> you can always put /usr/X11R6/bin/afterstep in the .xinitrc (assuming that
> is where the afterstep binary is located.  That should resolve your
> problem.

    Rob,    Thanks a lot for helping, but Im still hitting the same dead end.
It seems the Afterstep binary is nowhere to be found, yet ive installed and
re-installed and re-made etc. quite a few times now..... I still haven't
found any obvious errors elsewhere.
            Once again, your help is very appreciated.

---
DaWW -"Hasn't-Got-A-Good-Sig-File-Yet"