Re: Setting up sound

Chris Zimmerman (czimmer@insync.net)
Mon, 03 Aug 1998 15:37:01 -0500

Vincent Lee wrote:

> Can someone tell me how to get Afterstep working on a RH 5.0 machine
> that uses the Another leve thing that mimics afterstep?

  All I did was download afterstep-1.4.5.3-1.glibc.rpm (something like that)
from a mirror and install it.  Afterwards, copy the xinitrc from
/etc/X11/xinit/ to your home directory as .xinitrc, then delete everything in
.xinitrc under "#start some nice programs" and type in 'afterstep exec'
without the single quotes.

You will then need to copy selected files from /usr/share/afterstep/ (wharf,
pager, etc) to /root/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/ to further customize your
setup

Chris Zimmerman
Houston, TX
Applied Voice Recognition