Re: www.afterstep.org

Kristoffer Tveit (Kristoffer.Tveit@kj.uib.no)
19 Aug 1998 21:18:39 +0200

Bean <bean@sierra.net> writes:

> Well, it seems that I get to maintain and host the WWW portion of the AS
> site after all. If there are any features, sections, anything that you
> feel NEED to be added to the site, or if you have any suggestions for it
> whatsoever, let me know.
>
> 	-Bean

My suggestion is to redo the whole look & feel ( :-) ) of the page.
Maybe you could make it look like an "afterstep screenshot" with
a wharf-looking menu to browse around from. And with one of the
better-known backgrounds (for exmpl. carpet-green)

And of course the option to browse it with _no_ (or very litle)
graphic intensity. (Something every serious web-page should have)

A screenshot section with thumbnails and descriptions
(folowing look&feel-files) is a good way to advertise
the wm to newcomers. (Get more people aware of and become
useres of *the best WM*)
Today the screenshots are "hidden" way down in ftp.afterstep.org
and dosn't serve much as PR.

And for the allready hooked users you would want easy access to
browse *the latest* FAQ (not updated since april??), and *the latest*
Documentation.

It is a lot of work to maintain a good and updated web-page, but it
is essential to advertise afterstep.

Good luck.

- Chris