Re: JPEG support for backgrounds

Tomas Duewiger (td@music-satellite.de)
20 Aug 1998 20:53:57 +0200

David Mihm <davemann@ionet.net> writes:

> !  ! You can right now also use jpeg as background when you use xv (or
> better ! xli or xloadimage) to load the picture and not the pager. You
> just need to ! comment out the respective parts of the pager config file
> and to put into ! your ~/G/L/A/autoexec file something like: ! Exec "I" xv
> -root -quit file.jpg or (if supported) ! Exec "I" xli -onroot file.jpg !
> ! Tomas
> 	While doing this will show the background, when you change
> desks/views with the Pager, your changes will not be kept.

No, if you comment out the respetive lines in ~/G/L/A/pager the background
will be kept. At least that is my experience with AS 1.4.5.55N6.
These lines should be commented out (or deleted):
-----snip-----
#*PagerXPM 0 ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/non-configurable/desk0/background
#*PagerXPM 1 ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/non-configurable/desk1/background
#*PagerXPM 2 ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/non-configurable/desk2/background
#*PagerXPM 3 ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/non-configurable/desk3/background
----snap---------

If this is done, you can change desks as much as you like and the
background will stay. Okay, you got no pixmap in the pager, but that
doesn't matter since the picture is huge anyway.
While we are talking about pager :) did anyone else made the experience
that in AS 1.5pre7 it's not possible to move windows from one desk/view to
another? I asked the same sometime ago, maybe in the meantime there is
somebody else? Would be interesting, because IMO that is what really makes
sense when using a pager.

Tomas

--
Tomas Duewiger