Re: Afterstep directoy hierarchy / 1.5pre9 bug.

Guylhem Aznar (ciguylhem@barberouge.linux.lmm.com)
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 15:37:10 +0200

On Tue, Aug 25, 1998 at 05:59:55PM -0500, Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:
> Let me put it this way.  You can change the configure script, or you can
> tell it /usr/local/afterstep when you install it, so why fuss?

I will never use /u/l/a : it is everything but standard !

/opt/afterstep could be an idea, but I see no need for this currently.

> Okay.  I've got 1.5pre9 installed and running now, although I had to go
> and reinstall X11R6 first (some blasted thing nuked my Project.tmpl file
> so xmkmf no longer worked!).  Right off I notice something that I don't

1.5beta1 don't use it anylonger :)

> care for.  The manner in which the text outlining for text mode 1 is done
> has been changed.  Now it apparently draws each character's outline,
> then the character, proceeding from left to right.  This causes the
> outline of proceeding characters to partially overwrite previously drawn
> glyphs, and makes for a rather nasty effect.  This seems to affect all the
> psuedo-3D modes now.  (Isn't it *slower* to do it this way?)

Please fix it.
(I don't know who changed it ! God knows I try to read each patch, but I
must have overlooked this)

> * MaxSwallow is inappropriate for asclock in the default wharf
>   configuration.  Using -shape with this causes that particular wharf
>   tile to be squashed.  Changing to swallow fixes this.

I fixed it

> * MaxSwallowModule as are calling both ascd and asmixer in the default
>   Wharf configuration is completely broken.  Neither application will
>   properly start when using this directive.  (change to swallow)

idem

> * Icon titles don't properly come to the top when you put the mouse over
>   them.

to fix ; please try to fix this if you can

> * Configure script asks about the number of desktops, but the answer you
>   give is apparently discarded.  It's still making 4 2x2 desktops by
>   default.

fixed

--
       "Letting people bear arms is letting them kill our children"
		   Enlever rrremovethis / Remove rrremovethis