Re: Hello to AfterStep for the Nth Time ;-)

Maury Merkin (
Tue, 04 Aug 1998 11:58:00 -0400

I also want to say that I think the newer configuration scheme is much easier to
deal with than wading through a huge .steprc file.

One "trick" (if you could call it that) to save a helluva lot of typing is to create
a symlink in your home directory as follows:

cd ~
ln -s GNUstep/Library/AfterStep .as

Then all you have to do to edit your database file, for example, is
vi .as/database

or  to add a new sub-menu to your start menu
mkdir ".as/start/Fun n Games"

or whatever.