Re: Afterstep-1.4.5 bugs patches and suggestions

Guylhem Aznar (ciguylhem@barberouge.linux.lmm.com)
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 12:52:30 +0200

On Thu, Aug 27, 1998 at 11:20:02AM +0200, Volker Ossenkopf wrote:
> a) Concerning the Modules directory, I only proposed that this might
> be anywhere below G/L/A/start. With the normal 1.4.5 source it has to
> be at G/L/A/start/Modules. If I like it in G/L/A/start/Afterstep/Modules
> the MeltStartMenu adds an "Exec" instead of "Module" to each module
> name. Shifting the test for the directory name "Modules" from
> "MeltStartMenu" to "analyse" provides a way that the modules are
> treated correctly everywhere in the tree.

ok, but this was already fixed.

> The basic idea is that each Popup that is defined already in
> MeltStartMenu can be overridden by an existing directory
> within the G/L/A/start hierarchy and that each of the
> Popups created from the directory names can be overridden
> again by definitions from a single menu file. This gives the
> maximum freedom of the favoured kind of menu configuration
> to the user without loosing any of the existing definition
> methods.

It's already a bit like this : in 1.5preX (since 1.4.N.?), you can move
Look/ and other dirs somewhere else in the hierarchy : they're
automatically filled with looks, feels, bgs...

You'll soon be able to ann _include_defaults_ in a dir to include all
corresponding usr/local/share/afterstep/start options

BTW, would you like to join coders team ?
We've still about 15-20 bugs to fix before 1.5.0

> Best wishes
> 		Volker

Bye

> Volker Ossenkopf    KOSMA (Kölner Observatorium für submm-Astronomie)
> Tel.: 0221 4703485                    1. Physikalisches Institut der
> Fax.: 0221 4705162                               Universität zu Köln
> E-Mail: ossk@zeus.ph1.uni-koeln.de

____/|  "Letting people bear arms is letting them kill our children"
\ o.O|            Enlever rrremovethis / Remove rrremovethis
 =(_)=                           Salut / Best regards
  \u/          Guylhem AZNAR <guylhem@rrremovethis.oeil.qc.ca>