Re: More info on 3d Text bug.

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 11:15:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:

> I'm starting my pager from autoexec with "0 2" for parameters, using the
> normal 2x2 geometry from the default.  I remember in the past there was a
> problem with virtual desktops having an extra row and column of 'hidden'
> desktops which you could change to with SHIFT+arrow_keys, and I suspect
> this might be similar.  In any case, pressing CTRL-SHIFT-left_arrow and
> CTRL-SHIFT right arrow seem to work to jump between pagers, provided you
> are on desks one or two, but if you go right from desk three you wind up
> in limbo, and using CTRL-SHIFT-left_arrow takes you back to desk one.  The
> behaviours obtained by going up or down from any of the desktops is
> erratic to say the least.  Anyway, keep up the good work.  I'll keep
> ferreting out bugs.   ;)

This one's interesting.  The feel files distributed with AfterStep are
wrong! :)

The code works like the man page says it does, not like the feel
apparently expects it to.

"Desk 0" takes you to desk 0 (this is coincidence; the result of this
binding is actually undefined)

"Desk 1" takes you to your current desk + 1
"Desk 2" takes you to your current desk + 2
etc...

Try changing these lines to:

# shift + control + arrow = change desktop
Key Left        A       SC      Desk 0 0
Key Right       A       SC      Desk 0 1
Key Up          A       SC      Desk 0 2
Key Down        A       SC      Desk 0 3

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com
http://members.xoom.com/allanon1