Re: asmail

John Gruenenfelder (elrond@azstarnet.com)
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 16:00:08 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:
>On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, John Gruenenfelder wrote:
>
>> Another question has to do with the keybindings.  At work and at home I use
>> Debian 2.0.  At work I have AS1.4.5.55N6, but at home I have 1.5pre9.  At work
>> the PGUP/PGDN keys work like they should in Xterm, that is, the program
>> running in the xterm responds to them like pine or vi.  But at home Xterm
>> itself responds to PGUP/PGDN and scrolls the Xterm windown up and down.  How
>> can I change this to be the otherway?  Is this an AS keybinding change, an
>> xmodmap keybinding, or is it an Xterm option?
>
>Deactivate both the scrollbar and the scrollback buffer, and Xterm will
>stop intercepting those keys.  (Personally, I never use them, so I just
>edit the app-resource file.)

I could do that, but as it is right now (at work), I have a scrollback buffer
AND pine is using my PGUP/DN keys.  I really don't want to lose the buffer.
To scroll back in the buffer I use Shift-PGUP/DN.  I like this arangement a
lot, but I'm not sure how I can transport this home.

--John Gruenenfelder
Elrond, Duke of URL     http://www.azstarnet.com/~elrond
elrond@azstarnet.com    johng@aquarius.as.arizona.edu
of my enemies!"