Re: beta1 bugs?

Ron Thompson (yahoo@mindless.com)
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 17:05:56 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Thompson <yahoo@mindless.com>
To: afterstep@linuxcenter.com <afterstep@linuxcenter.com>
Date: Saturday, August 29, 1998 3:56 PM
Subject: Re: beta1 bugs?

>But I also had an additional problem which really irks me.  Afterstep
wouldn't start at all on my machine.

>Instead of moving the directories I just changed my xinit config files to
reflect the changed directories.  Well, it found it, but unfortunately it
will not run whatsoever.  It starts up, goes to black, then comes back to
the terminal saying it's waiting for a graceful shutdown or whatever...

>Anyone else have this problem?

I was having this problem with pre9, and after poking around a little, found
that AS was core-dumping every time I started it. I rooted thru my
harddrive, deleted everything I could find even remotely related to AS
configuration, and recompiled/installed. It started this time, but anytime I
tried to change _any_ configuration option ( I mean any look, any feel, even
the background...) it core-dumped and died.

So I figured I'd wait on the beta. Still going to download it tonight and
try it out, but this makes me wonder if I'll be going back to pre6 again.

Regards
Dave Walker