Re: beta1 bugs?

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Sun, 30 Aug 1998 14:28:54 -0400 (EDT)

On 30 Aug 1998, Tomas Duewiger wrote:

> This is because of a type mismatch in the install.script it has to be
> install.all not install-all. So make; make install; make install.all; make
> install.man will work.

I wondered about that when I saw it.  Thanks.

> No it seems to be a pager problem again.

I've managed to reduce my pager to two desktops again, so I don't think
it's a pager problem.

I _couldn't_ reduce the pager correctly on the Wharf.  If I used only two
desktops, the folder slid out with two desktops, and a grey space where
two more would go if they were available.  I likely missed something (I
didn't play with it too much -- reasons below), since I prefer the pager
on the desktop anyway, but this is odd behaviour I think.

Also, I'd like to highlight the changes to the Wharf functioning for
those who might decide to try the beta.  Look in the changelog
([Kernel-source]/doc/code): "Swallow" and "MaxSwallow" have changed
meanings, so your old wharf file will fracture stuff.

A note to the developers: I need to know how these changes affect the use
of legacy .steprc files (so I can put it in the FAQ).  Will the changes
to Swallow and MaxSwallow break old Wharf configurations?  (I'll play with
this to the extent I can, but I don't know how valuable my investigations
will be.)

                                   *  *  *