Re: Starting Programs automatically

Tomas Duewiger (td@music-satellite.de)
31 Aug 1998 08:43:55 +0200

Andrew Sullivan <asullivan@sprint.ca> writes:

> From the mail the last couple of days, I get the feeling that Red Hat's
> distro of AfterStep is, well, not so fantastic, and certainly not
> consistent with the source distro.  Is this true?

Yes, I think so.

>  And, if so, where do I
> get info from RH about what they've done and what support they offer for
> RH-AS users?

What do you mean with support? RH offers installation support, but no
support for customization.

>  I'm _not_ wasting disk space on the RPM package here (I use
> a Slack distro) -- I'm already working under tight circumstances.
>
> Any suggestions welcome.

I just installed it for some seconds, because it's 1.4.5.3-2 and it's
configuration is done with m4 macros. If someone wants to use it he/she
have to edit all this RH specific wmconfig entries, then maybe all
programs will appear in the menu. I don't know any further details,
because I only can suggest to use a self compiled AS of newer date and do
everything by hand. It's more easy and less annoying. I don't think that
you should write more than a short note in the FAQ regarding RH's version.

Tomas

--
Tomas Duewiger
td@music-satellite.de