Re: Setting up sound

Guylhem Aznar (ciguylhem@barberouge.linux.lmm.com)
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 13:03:53 +0200

On Mon, Aug 03, 1998 at 03:41:01PM -0400, Ewan Dunbar wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, John Gruenenfelder wrote:
>
> > will get an error on the console from the audio player (if it generates
> > errors), but the sound will continue to function fine.

Right, it should work fine.

> I don't know about fine. I always found that the audio player got very
> confused and played the wrong sounds at many of the wrong events.
> JM2C.

????? I tested it carefully for 1.4.555 and haven't changed it a lot since.

I'm sorry, but I *CAN'T* test sound since I have no sound card, the only
think I can do is xmessage to popup sound file name, but it tends to screw
up AS when you use a sound for a window opening, thus opening a xmessage,
thus lauching it again, etc.

If you find sound bugs, please fix them or report them.
The only bugs I've ever heard :
 * old versions missed a "*" in audio file
 * startup sound is used for shading

--
 "Always pass on good advice. It is never any use to oneself"   -- Oscar Wilde
		   Enlever rrremovethis / Remove rrremovethis