Re: asmail

J. Neil Doane (root@yeah.indstate.edu)
Wed, 5 Aug 1998 09:29:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, David Mihm wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, J. Neil Doane wrote:
>
> ! Hi all,
> !
> ! I've got an asmail problem I can't quite get figgured out.  I can't seem
> ! to get asmail to work correctly, it's not giving me any graphics at
> ! all...just a solid white box where my graphics should be.  Now I've
> ! manually checked that all the graphics are okay and where they are
> ! supposed to be in the config file and that proper permissions are set on
> ! them...but asmail doesn't seem to want to load them.   Here's my
> ! ~/G/L/A/asmail config file...any ideas?
> !
> !
> ! Neil Doane
>
> 	If asmail is checking mail and you have clicked on it during this
> procedure, sometimes the icon will do as you have described.  I have had
> it stay this way for a period of time even.

Well, I haven't clicked on it at all, just restarted AfterStep and it
turned white.

> Or possibly you have run out
> of colors when it switches to animate, and hence it goes moot.

Well, it does it when there is no new mail...so that's not it (bseides,
I'm using a S3Virge with 4MB RAM in 16 bpp, it should have all the colors
it can use and more.

> One
> suggestion that might also have an effect is to comment out the LockShape
> line and see if this remedies the problem.
>
> ! LockShape
>   \
>    \_# here
> HTH

Hmm...no dice.  I tried it...but nothing's changed.  Thanks tho.  Anyone
else have any ideas?

Neil Doane