Re: Beta3 Pager
Mon, 7 Sep 1998 13:24:39 -0500

> writes:
>> Tomas Duewiger Wrote:
>> >Hi, Is the jpg support already included in the pager of Beta3? I just
>> >read through the config file and was testing with *PagerWallpaper but
>> >nothing real happens ;-) Or are the patches all applied in that
>> >Sasha?
>> It is not applied yet. Guylhem is waiting on some more improvements from
>> me, before including it into the distribution.
>I ask, because the configure script is asking for an image loader.
So far it is through external application only. I'm working on nativ jpeg
support now,
along with some other stuff - see 'TO DO' section of aspagerupdate.html.

>> At the moment you can get latest pager source from :
>I will have a look at it.
>> Grab the full source for beta3.  it includes whole dir of Pager plus
>> patch for afterstep.
>> Check out AfterstepPagerUpdate page for list of fixed bugs and new
>> features ( there are plenty of those ).
>> >Anyhow, this beta really rocks compared to beta1, it compiled very
>> >and ran stable until now. Only the pager core dumped once, but that
>> >be caused by config-file-torment ;-)
>> This is becous you've tried to use non-XPM file . old Pager used to
>> stuff at NULL address :-) if you try to do this. -grab the latest code
>> play with it.
>Are you sure? With it worked for months with xloadimage and a
>modified pager config file. Right now it also runs stable, maybe it was

That's kinda strange.  You can see for yourself : in recent Pager it is
line #913 of x_pager.c
( notice that action==NULL ).
I do not have source for, but in it is line #747 of
And it does crash on my system.