RE: AS 1.4.5.3 erases added items i start folder

Michael Dill (madill@inreach.com)
Sat, 5 Sep 1998 15:52:15 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01BDD8E5.27B18E20

Just create a .Xclients file in your home directory -- in root for example,
and include in it only one line:

	exec /usr/X11/bin/afterstep

That's it - now when you add things to your
~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/start/"whatever" folders (menus), they will be
there the next time you start her up.

Also, if you want to add backgrounds to your desktop, make sure they are in
the .xpm format, and put them in /usr/share/afterstep/desktop/backgrounds
directory.  When AfterStep re-reads the configuration file, they will show
up in the Desktop - Backgrounds Pictures menu.  Works great.  Try it! :-)

Mike Dill
Access Telemanagement
Senior Technical Consultant
madill@inreach.com