Re: afterstep-digest V3 #45

Jeff Bowman (
Sun, 06 Sep 1998 13:23:16 PDT

>Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 23:23:45 -0400
>From: Ashley Roach <>
>Subject: Re: afterstep-digest V3 #45
>Hello all,
>I'm running -- the latest build, and am having a nice little
>problem.  I was switching from one look to another, when the AS session
>crashed.  Now, I no longer have a start menu, and I switched to the
>purenext look, which I don't like, personally.
>Any help would be appreciated in returning me to startmenu land.
>Thanks in advance.
>   WWW:
>   FTP:
>   MAIL:
I had the same problem.  I solved it by moving my ~/GNUstep dir to
~/Mystep.  Next I restarted AS, then I used Update all from the default
startmenu.  that usually gave me something usable back.  Then I moved
~/Mystep back to ~/GNUstep.  I had to do this several times especially
when I finally got my look and feel setup and started configuring the
startmenu itself.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck

Get Your Private, Free Email at