Re: AfterStep Error Log

Ben Tracy (tracy@wsicorp.com)
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 18:04:44 +0000 (GMT)

Howdy!

The syntax of such a command to redirect STDIN and STDERR to a file
changes across shells.  I *believe* that the command below works for bash,
which is the most common linux shell, but for example in csh, the command
would be:

$ startx >& asdebug

Bottom line: read the man page on the shell you are using before you do
such a thing or you may tear out your hair before you figure out what's
wrong... :)

Ben