Re: AfterStep Error Log

Andrew Sullivan (
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 15:09:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Ben Tracy wrote:

> The syntax of such a command to redirect STDIN and STDERR to a file
> changes across shells.

Sorry about the careless message.  I knew this, but skipped it, mostly
because I was trying to emphasize that xdm is not actually a shell.  So,
how does one get this redirection if one logs in entirely through xdm?
It can't be _only_ .xsession-errors, because (the original mail said),
the failures from Wharf aren't showing up in the .xsession-errors.

Andrew Sullivan | (better)| (worse)
                                   *  *  *
'finger -l' to find the AfterStep FAQ file.