Re: default windows and window geometry

Neville (pandama@nkk104.rh.psu.edu)
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 11:07:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 13 Sep 1998, Roy E. Cutler wrote:

> Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 09:08:28 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Roy E. Cutler" <rcutler@zoo.uvm.edu>
> Subject: default windows and window geometry
>
> I can't find the answers to these questions in the docs anywhere and
> wondered if someone could help me figure this out.
> 1) Which files do I modify so that several applications open automatically
> when opening AfterStep? Say, for example, I want to have xterm and emacs
> open when starting up.

Add Exec lines to the InitFunction section of in autoexec file. An xterm
line might look like this,
    Exec    "I"     xterm &

> 2) How do I specify the desired window geometry when a particular window
> does open? Right now when Netscape Messenger opens, the window is so
> large that I cannot get to the top menus.

If messenger is not the first thing that starts when you run netscape
(therefore you can't use the -geometry option) then I don't know of any
way to set the window size. I usually fix this by mapping window
operations to easily accessible keys so I can quickly move and resize a
window. Anyone else have any idea? I don't think there is an option in the
Style database for sizes.

> Thanks.

You're welcome.