re: netscape window size

Albert Dorofeev
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 10:25:44 +0200 (CEST)

Neville writes:
> On Sun, 13 Sep 1998, Roy E. Cutler wrote:
> > 2) How do I specify the desired window geometry when a particular window
> > does open? Right now when Netscape Messenger opens, the window is so
> > large that I cannot get to the top menus.
> If messenger is not the first thing that starts when you run netscape
> (therefore you can't use the -geometry option) then I don't know of any
> way to set the window size. I usually fix this by mapping window
> operations to easily accessible keys so I can quickly move and resize a
> window. Anyone else have any idea? I don't think there is an option in the
> Style database for sizes.

Netscape is cruel. You are probably running 800x600 and
the default size of the window is bigger than 600. I had
exactly the same problem and did not figure out how to
change that behaviour. I would recommend you to get the
latest Communicator - it remembers the sizes of the windows so
you'll have to resize the Messenger only once :)

Albert Dorofeev