Re: Probs with JPG background

Doug Alcorn (
14 Sep 1998 08:49:54 -0400

Gregor Zych <> writes:

> I've compiled as 1.5beta3 with jpeg enabled but I can only use xpm
> backgrounds. I do not get any error messages or warnings. What am I
> doing wrong. Isn't as capable of using jpeg backgrounds?

Does 1.5beta3 have native JPEG support?  I know that in earlier
releases you had to specify an external image loader.  If this is
still true, then you could have compiled JPEG support correctly but
not specify correctly the external loader.  I think the default JPEG
loader is 'xli'.  If you don't have xli, it could be calling it and
quietly failing to find it.  Look in the Makefile or config.h to see
if it is asking for the default image loader.

 (__)  Doug Alcorn
 oo )  (Fledgling XEmacs User)