Re: Coolicon

Guylhem Aznar (guylhem@danmark.barberouge.linux.lmm.com)
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 18:41:35 +0200

On Mon, Sep 14, 1998 at 09:04:34PM +0200, Paul Sheer wrote:
> I don't have the time right now to create lots of nice icons. What would
> you like done to coolicon exactly?

You don't need to change your icons right now, just try to use a standard X
font, without italic or bold state, neutral colors (grey tones + white, or
whatever you want) to have a more "serious" looking default ;)

"Serious" feeling is very varying, just try to look like AfterStep DEFAULT
look and fit on 8bpp screens.

> BTW a focussed toplevel window goes dark on the border and the title bar.
> It is a little too dark - I can't see the resize rectangles on the bottom
> right and bottom left. I think it should go lighter when focussed, not
> darker.

Click on Start > Decorations > Look and try each.

BTW, I Cc'ed to David who can help you with look stuff.

Even if you can't change it, I think cooledit could be distributed with
AfterStep 1.5.0, but I'm just paying attention to little "look" things.

--
____/|  "Letting people bear arms is letting them kill our children"
\ o.O|            Enlever rrremovethis / Remove rrremovethis