Re: [Announcement] AfterStep 1.5 beta4 released.

Mehul N. Sanghvi (mehul@ziplink.net)
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 12:04:08 -0400 (EDT)

'allo,

     I downloaded the 1.5beta4 distribution early this morning.  The purely
     autoconf based configure system seesm to work fine.  All my previous
     gripes have been rendered obsolete.  I do have one minor gripe though
     whioch has to do with autoconf/Makefile.defines.in.  How does it define
     CCFLAGS ?  Is there a way to specify not to use -Wall ?  Yes, yes I know
     that its a good thing to use -Wall but it seems to generate a lot of
     X11R6.3 header file problems for every source file being compiled.  I
     just went and commented out the @CCFLAGS@ in there.  Thsi took care of
     things for me for the time being.

     There is no src/Script/Compiler/yy.tab.h file nor is there a
     src/Script/Compiler/types.h file.  They do exist in the src/Script
     directory though and I was wondering if they could be used instead ?  If
     not can someone put up the files on the ftp site ?

     After getting it compiled and installed,  AfterStep starts up three
     xterms, and that is about all I see ... the entire system is hung.  I get
     no mouse interaction,  none of the windows moves when I try to drag it,
     I get no root menu when I try either button1, 2, 3 on the root window.
     It just stays hung.  The last AfterStep I was using was 1.4.55N6.

thanks,

   mehul

--
Mehul N. Sanghvi <mehul@ziplink.net> <http://www.ziplink.net/users/mehul/>