Re: Module problem (I guess?)

Chris Zimmerman (
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 08:33:13 -0500

Francis GALIEGUE wrote:

> No one knowds the answer? :(
> --
> fg
> "Software is like sex, it's better when it's free"
>                         (Linus Torvalds)
> --
>    WWW:
>    FTP:
>    MAIL:

I am a heavy user of RedHat, both in servers and workstations, and I
think the best way to eliminate many of your woes is to download either
the latest stable AfterStep or the latest beta version and compile it
yourself.  I had many small issues on my systems due to the pre-compiled
rpms that could be downloaded-they are compiled on someone else's
machine, with different hardware and software, and are, at best, only
close in binary form for your system.  Compiling yourself is really
quite easy now, many thanks to the AfterStep developers.  This way you
will be sure to install all features that you want, and you will know th
locations of all of your files.  Before doing so, you will need to fire
off glint, or use a shell with rpm, and uninstall the AfterStep that
came with RedHat.

If you would like more help, please feel free to e-mail me directly.

Thank you,
Chris Zimmerman
Systems Administrator