2 Questions

Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 09:58:25 -0500

>1.  How do I configure xterm to come up as "see-through"?
You can't do this to xterm - you need xiterm, rxvt or eterm

as to those  - here is the quote from previos postings about transparency :

Marcin Pacyna wrote :

> Well... but how can i have an XPM background or a transparent rxvt ???

This must be THE most asked question about X in general:)
There is no such thing as transparent rxvt... this is just a XPM
background (rxvt -pixmap background.xpm - I think that's the syntax - look
in man rxvt) and the same background is used for your root window... if
you look at that picture
(http://www.afterstep.org/screenshots/chris.jpg) carefully
you'll see that the edges of the
background don't match.